Emergency Services (ES) provides an array of services to the community. Emergency phone consultations (1-800-852-3323), are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Safety and lethality assessments are also available in the Concord Hospital Emergency Department. These assessments can result in hospitalizations, discharges to the community with safety plans, and/or referrals to community-based services. Crisis stabilization appointments are available for people requiring follow up to Emergency Department visits or requiring interventions with a Clinician, but not needing the level of assessment available in the Emergency Department. The Riverbend team is also involved in safety planning and disaster response in partnership with Concord Hospital, the State Bureau of Behavioral Health, and other state and community based organizations.
Karl Boisvert, LCMHC
- Emergency assessment and crisis intervention
- Outpatient and inpatient admission referrals
- Short-term crisis stabilization
- Telephone crisis assessment
- Consultation regarding psychiatric and substance abuse treatment resources, psychiatric admission procedures and criteria
- Mental health crisis of any kind regardless of age, residence, or ability to pay.
- Internal/external agency and self-referrals to the Concord Hospital Emergency Room.
- In-office crisis appointments available during regular business hours, subject to clinician availability and safety assessment. Appointments may be scheduled through telephone or face-to-face consultation with an Emergency Services Clinician.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
For more information, please contact our office at (603) 226-0817 any time. Our call center will take your name and contact number after business hours to page a Clinician in order to return your call.
Program specific services/activities:
- 24-hour emergency evaluation and crisis intervention
- 24-hour crisis line
- Referral for outpatient mental health services
- Consultation regarding substance abuse treatment
- Voluntary psychiatric hospitalization referrals, when appropriate
- Involuntary Emergency Admission, when appropriate
- Conditional Discharge Revocation, when appropriate
- Complaint and Prayer for Compulsory Mental Evaluation, when appropriate
- Mental health consultation to primary-care providers
- Mental health consultation to family members
- Short term crisis stabilization
- We are not able to provide comprehensive substance abuse evaluations or psychiatric assessments
- We are not able to provide medication services.
278 Pleasant St
Concord, NH 03301
…and Concord Hospital Emergency Department
PO Box 2032
Concord, NH 03302-2032
Hours: 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
- Riverbend Emergency Services provides an average of 6-10 face to face and 10-12 telephone assessments in any 24-hour period. An additional 1-4 hours, on average, is required for proper disposition of an Emergency Room assessment. We are arguably the busiest Emergency Services team in the busiest Emergency Room in the state.
- Our clinicians come from a broad range of professional and experiential backgrounds, with an average of 10+ years experience in mental health. Their commitment to emergency mental health is manifest in their passionate pursuit of their professional duties, regardless of the hour of the day or the challenges encountered.
- Innovations/Program “neat” things
- Some of our clinicians also volunteer with the Granite State Critical Incident Stress Debriefing team and the NH Disaster Behavioral Health Response Team.
- Links to other sites